wgm settings from afar

Bob Henry-2
Hello,
        We (K-12) sell laptops to graduating seniors.  I remove them from wgm group, give them admin
status and have them log back in while in our network.  Have a student who is getting permission
complaints trying to download skype, access App store, etc.  How do I break that mcx bind from
afar?
Have identified these as start
sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname MCXSettings
sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname MCXFlags
sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname cached_groups

 In short, what CLI solution do we have to removing mcx settings?  Will the above suffice?  Please
advise TIA

Bob Henry
IT & DATA
Wrangell Public Schools
907-874-2321 x244

Re: wgm settings from afar

Jonathan Nichols
Wow. I am surprised the list is still alive at all!

Bob, the lists are supposed to be gone by now, actually. Everybody moved over to the main Apple Discussions web forum. You might have better luck there. :-)

On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Bob Henry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> We (K-12) sell laptops to graduating seniors.  I remove them from wgm group, give them admin
> status and have them log back in while in our network.  Have a student who is getting permission
> complaints trying to download skype, access App store, etc.  How do I break that mcx bind from
> afar?
> Have identified these as start
> sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname MCXSettings
> sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname MCXFlags
> sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname cached_groups
>

> In short, what CLI solution do we have to removing mcx settings?  Will the above suffice?  Please
> advise TIA
>
> Bob Henry
> IT & DATA
> Wrangell Public Schools
> 907-874-2321 x244

Re: wgm settings from afar

Joe Ayala
Try deleting ...

/Library/Managed Prefs or Managed Users

Sorry it has been awhile.

Joe Ayala
Director of Technology
Soledad Unified School District

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Jonathan Nichols <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow. I am surprised the list is still alive at all!
>
> Bob, the lists are supposed to be gone by now, actually. Everybody moved
> over to the main Apple Discussions web forum. You might have better luck
> there. :-)
>

> On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Bob Henry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >       We (K-12) sell laptops to graduating seniors.  I remove them from
> wgm group, give them admin
> > status and have them log back in while in our network.  Have a student
> who is getting permission
> > complaints trying to download skype, access App store, etc.  How do I
> break that mcx bind from
> > afar?
> > Have identified these as start
> > sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname MCXSettings
> > sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname MCXFlags
> > sudo dscl . -delete /Users/mobileaccountname cached_groups
> >

> > In short, what CLI solution do we have to removing mcx settings?  Will
> the above suffice?  Please
> > advise TIA
> >
> > Bob Henry
> > IT & DATA