wgm group print settings

Bob Henry-2
running 10.8.4 server and clients
Am looking at wgm group and computer group settings saying
allow user to modify printer list
allow printers that connect directly

Are the group and computer group settings butting heads?

Both are checked with the always option, a printer list is defined there (in group not computer
group) also.
Users have no option to add connected or modify list.  Can we make this do what it says it's going
to?  Please advise TIA

I can get around the problem with   sudo dseditgroup -o edit -n /Local/Default -a everyone -t group
lpadmin But seems kind of redundant.

Bob Henry
IT & DATA
Wrangell Public Schools
907-874-2321 x244

Re: wgm group print settings

Keith Roberts-9
We've encountered the same problem in our environment, but with 10.7.5
server & 10.8.4 clients.  We opened a ticket with Apple, and they've been
able to duplicate the issue.  No resolution yet, however.  For a
workaround, we used dseditgroup to add everyone to the _lpadmin group as
you mentioned.

- Keith

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Bob Henry <[hidden email]>wrote:

> running 10.8.4 server and clients
> Am looking at wgm group and computer group settings saying
> allow user to modify printer list
> allow printers that connect directly
>
> Are the group and computer group settings butting heads?
>
> Both are checked with the always option, a printer list is defined there
> (in group not computer
> group) also.
> Users have no option to add connected or modify list.  Can we make this do
> what it says it's going
> to?  Please advise TIA
>
> I can get around the problem with   sudo dseditgroup -o edit -n
> /Local/Default -a everyone -t group
> lpadmin But seems kind of redundant.
>
> Bob Henry
> IT & DATA