iCal on OSX server

Would anyone be willing to help me set up iCal on a server and perhaps answer a few questions about it?
You can reply off-line.
Thanks,
Stan Greenspan

http://www.interactivepages.com
Interactivepages Information Services

Tel:
Canada: 416 822 5671
USA: 305 320 6593

Legal Notice:
This e-mail should be considered both privileged communication between the author and the addressee and copyright protected. Any retransmission, in whole or in part, without the written authorization of the author, shall be considered a breach of confidentiality and copyright.

Re: iCal on OSX server

Not without your email we can’t.  :)

Still need help?

[hidden email]

> On May 25, 2016, at 12:04 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would anyone be willing to help me set up iCal on a server and perhaps answer a few questions about it?
> You can reply off-line.
> Thanks,
> Stan Greenspan
>
> http://www.interactivepages.com
> Interactivepages Information Services
>
> Tel:
> Canada: 416 822 5671
> USA: 305 320 6593
>
> Legal Notice:
> This e-mail should be considered both privileged communication between the author and the addressee and copyright protected. Any retransmission, in whole or in part, without the written authorization of the author, shall be considered a breach of confidentiality and copyright.

Server Prefs connection problem

OSXS 10.6.8
I changed the admin account login password in Sys Prefs, and now Server Preferences can't connect to the local LDAP node. The error it gives is:

Error authenticating to local LDAP node: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=5203 UserInfo=0x11549d1e0 "Unable to set node credentials for /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1"

I reset the admin password back to the original, and Server Prefs *still* can't connect and gives the same error message. Any recommendations? Does anyone know of what file on disk to restore?
Thx!

Re: Server Prefs connection problem

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 6:17 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OSXS 10.6.8
> I changed the admin account login password in Sys Prefs, and now Server Preferences can't connect to the local LDAP node. The error it gives is:
>
> Error authenticating to local LDAP node: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=5203 UserInfo=0x11549d1e0 "Unable to set node credentials for /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1"
>
> I reset the admin password back to the original, and Server Prefs *still* can't connect and gives the same error message. Any recommendations? Does anyone know of what file on disk to restore?
> Thx!

Check the KB.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200148

Or you can just login again to the directory using diradmin and the original password.

At least that's what I remember. Haven't had to do this in a long time.

- Kevin

Re: Server Prefs connection problem

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 4:33 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 8, 2016, at 6:17 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OSXS 10.6.8
>> I changed the admin account login password in Sys Prefs, and now Server Preferences can't connect to the local LDAP node. The error it gives is:
>>
>> Error authenticating to local LDAP node: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=5203 UserInfo=0x11549d1e0 "Unable to set node credentials for /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1"
>>
>> I reset the admin password back to the original, and Server Prefs *still* can't connect and gives the same error message. Any recommendations? Does anyone know of what file on disk to restore?
>> Thx!
>

> Check the KB.
>
> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200148
>
> Or you can just login again to the directory using diradmin and the original password.
>
> At least that's what I remember. Haven't had to do this in a long time.

Thanks for the info! However, the diradmin slot IDs already match, but both have the bogus value of 0x00000000000000000000000000000001. If you might know what file on disk this value is stored in, I could try restoring it to obtain the original working value that way.