bootpd.plist-corrupt

Chris Bastian-2
I have been trying to modify the bootpd.plist to deny certain mac addresses.  My work flow:

shut off DHCP in server.app
use pico to modify bootpd.plist and add in the following

<key>deny</key>
        <array>
                <string>1c:62:b8:...</string>
                <string>68:09:27:...</string>
                …etc
        <array/>

I then save the plist and restart DHCP services via server.app.  DHCP restarts fine, but when I take a look at the /etc/ directory by bootpd.plist file has been renamed to bootpd.plist-corrupt and there is a new bootpd.plist file.

I am assuming my syntax is wrong, but this seems so simple.

Any help is most appreciated.

Chris Bastian
Technology Director
KEYS SCHOOL
p 650.328.1711 x221
keysschool.com

Lower School
2890 Middlefield Road
Palo Alto, CA 94306
f 650.328.4506

Middle School
3981 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
f 650.855.9547

Re: bootpd.plist-corrupt

Axel Luttgens
Le 7 déc. 2013 à 20:38, Chris Bastian a écrit :

> [...]
> <array/>
> [...]
> I am assuming my syntax is wrong, but this seems so simple.

Hello Chris,

Unless it has been a typo while writing you message, the above should read:

        </array>

HTH,
Axel