apachectl configtest?

Using OS X Server 10.8, whenever I execute "apachectl configtest" it
comes back fine, even if there are errors in the config that then
subsequently keep Apache from starting.

Is this a known bug?  Any way to get this working properly?

        - John

Re: apachectl configtest?

On 12/12/14 2:32 PM, OS X Server Mail List wrote:
> Using OS X Server 10.8, whenever I execute "apachectl configtest" it
> comes back fine, even if there are errors in the config that then
> subsequently keep Apache from starting.
>
> Is this a known bug?  Any way to get this working properly?
>
>      - John

Nevermind, found a solution myself.  For some reason, "apachectl
configtest" looks at /etc/apache2/httpd.conf even though OS X Server's
Apache is using the conf file from /Library/Server.

I linked the /Library/Server file into the /etc/apache2/ directory as
httpd.conf instead and it worked fine.  Note I had to hard code the
${SERVER_INSTALL_PATH_PREFIX} directory into the httpd_server_app.conf
file to keep it from erroring out when running "apachectl configtest" as
well.

Clear as mud?

        - John

Re: apachectl configtest?

apachectl configtest looks at files in /private/etc/apache2/ rather than /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/
I'm not aware of there being an option to make it look in a particular location, nor does there seem to be a version of apachectl in the ServerRoot folder.

Stuart