X11 unexpectedly quits

Katherine Reiter
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run a program from X11. I can get the program running,
however, after a few minutes the program crashes and X11 crashes as well. I
tried running the same program in the terminal application and the same
thing happened, though I was able to get the following error message:

XIO:  fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
"/tmp/launch-ZbqLgG/org.x:0" after 76 requests (76 known processed) with 0
events remaining.

I tried looking it up, though I found little pertinent information. Does
anyone have any insight into why this might be happening and how it can be
resolved?

Thanks in advance,
Kate

Re: X11 unexpectedly quits

Philip Ershler
Are you using the old X11 or XQuartz? If you are not using XQuartz, download it and give it a try.

Phil

> On Oct 4, 2013, at 3:50 PM, Katherine Reiter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to run a program from X11. I can get the program running,
> however, after a few minutes the program crashes and X11 crashes as well. I
> tried running the same program in the terminal application and the same
> thing happened, though I was able to get the following error message:
>
> XIO:  fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
> "/tmp/launch-ZbqLgG/org.x:0" after 76 requests (76 known processed) with 0
> events remaining.
>
> I tried looking it up, though I found little pertinent information. Does
> anyone have any insight into why this might be happening and how it can be
> resolved?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kate

RE: X11 unexpectedly quits

RICE, THOMAS
>I'm trying to run a program from X11. I can get the program running, however, after a few minutes the program crashes and X11 >crashes as well. I tried running the same program in the terminal application and the same thing happened, though I was able >to get the following error message:

>XIO:  fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server "/tmp/launch-ZbqLgG/org.x:0" after 76 requests (76 >known processed) with 0 events remaining.

>I tried looking it up, though I found little pertinent information. Does anyone have any insight into why this might be >happening and how it can be resolved?

Sounds like it can't read one of the apps temporary files. Have you tried deleting the file it mentions? I'd just delete the entire contents of tmp to be sure, unless for some weird reason there's anything in there you need. Though I've seen it happen... You'll have to use the terminal to do it and make sure X11 is closed while doing so.

tom