Software Update Files Location

I need to copy the Software Update files off of an El Capitan server to another El Capitan server on a stand-alone network so that the stand-alone Mac users will be able to update their software via Software Update and not have to download and move the installer dmg files.  Other than the Software Update folder, are there any other files I need to move over?

Thanks.

Brad Nation

Re: Software Update Files Location

> On 7 Sep 2016, at 19:32, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I need to copy the Software Update files off of an El Capitan server to another El Capitan server on a stand-alone network so that the stand-alone Mac users will be able to update their software via Software Update and not have to download and move the installer dmg files.  Other than the Software Update folder, are there any other files I need to move over?

It's all contained in there, but is there a reason why you're still using the Software Update service instead of the Caching service? The Caching service requires zero configuration on the clients and caches the App Store (OS X, iOS, iBooks) as well as system updates and iCloud data. Do you block updates? That can make your systems unsafe if you aren't quick at approving security updates for zero day exploits.

Sent from my iPad

--
Kevin Davidson
Apple Certified System Administrator

t 01506 668674
m 07813 149620
w www.indigospring.co.uk

indigospring (Scotland) Ltd
Registered in Scotland No. SC398572
Registered office: 103 Oldwood Place, Livingston, EH54 6US

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/indigospringIT
Members of the Apple Consultants Network - consultants.apple.com/uk

www.indigospring.co.uk/terms-and-conditions