Setting Safari 8.0 preferences using MCX

Setting Safari 8.0 preferences using MCX

Has anyone achieved any success in managing the pop-ups and other Safari 8.0 settings within Maverick. Anything set within the MCX using WGM works except the ability to disable pop-up blocking. Any suggestions much appreciated

Amos.

Amos I Eka
Technical Operations Manager
Technical Academic Services (ITMS)
University of Roehampton, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5SZ
[hidden email] | www.Roehampton.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)  8392 3000 | DD: +44 (0) 8392 3792
Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Join our circle on Google+ | Connect via LinkedIn

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. University of Roehampton does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of University of Roehampton is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by University of Roehampton.

University of Roehampton is the trading name of Roehampton University, a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England under number 5161359. Registered Office: Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PJ. An exempt charity.

RE: Setting Safari 8.0 preferences using MCX

>Has anyone achieved any success in managing the pop-ups and other Safari 8.0 settings within Maverick. Anything set within> >the MCX using WGM works except the ability to disable pop-up blocking. Any suggestions much appreciated

Haven't done it in Mavericks yet but on earlier versions of Safari I changed this in the plist itself (which you can do in WGM) and it worked fine. Have you tried that?

tom

RE: Setting Safari 8.0 preferences using MCX

>Has anyone achieved any success in managing the pop-ups and other Safari 8.0 settings within Maverick. Anything set within> >the MCX using WGM works except the ability to disable pop-up blocking. Any suggestions much appreciated

Haven't done it in Mavericks yet but on earlier versions of Safari I changed this in the plist itself (which you can do in WGM) and it worked fine. Have you tried that?

tom

Yep, changed settings there, some work (i.e The Homepage), just cant get the string to change the pop-up settings working. I know the Server is pushing them out, because any other changes is been reflected at the client end.

Amos.