Server Preference error -14120 10.5.6 Server

Server Preference error -14120 10.5.6 Server

Rick Eberts
I am getting the following error when using Server Preferences to add a new user.

User creation failed
The server reported the error '-14120' while trying to create the user.
I have found many other references to this problem, but no definitive solutions.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Rick Eberts
Lancaster Colony Design Group

Re: Server Preference error -14120 10.5.6 Server

John McAdams-2
I have received this error before. Instead of finding the solution for it however, I went around it by using Workgroup Manager instead. Be sure that you decline to change the configuration to Advanced if prompted. I believe I was also able to create and manage users with Directory (not Directory Utility). I chalked it up to a Server Preferences bug and haven't had to revisit the issue.

John McAdams
Professional Services Engineer
917-496-0106