Server 5 Reverse Proxy

The recently released OS X Server 5 seems to have a new methodology for using web apps to do apache reverse proxy.

Whereas in version 4 and earlier the Read Me in /Library/Server/Web/Apache/ talked about:
sites/0000_any_80_.conf
sites/0000_any_443_.conf

The Read Me for version 5 now talks about:
sites/0000_127.0.0.1_34580_.conf
sites/0000_127.0.0.1_34543_.conf

Webapps I created for Reverse Proxy that have been working in 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10 are now suddenly gettng these new ports substituted for the ports I specified and the resulting web page cannot be werved.

i.e. a reverse proxy for the port 80 site: mypage.exmple.com which should be going to port 8003 like this:  mypage.example.com:8003/login
is being reformatted to:  mypage.example.com:34580/login and ending up unable to be served.

Likewise all port 443 web apps are getting the number 34543 substituted in for there specified port.
https://mypage.example.com:8083/login  is becoming https://mypage.example.com:34543/login

Does anyone have further information or insight into this?
The example set in the new Apache 2 folder of Server 5 seems incomplete and I have not been able to resolve the problem.

Sincerely,

Alex Narvey

--
Precursor Systems
http://www.precursor.ca

Re: Server 5 Reverse Proxy

Try to change virtual_host_global.conf and edit the site file too.

Listen    *:443
Listen    *:80