Renewing Code Signing Certificate

Eric Hughes
Maybe the list is still alive?

I’m having issues renewing a Code Signing Certificate in 10.9.2 server, Server.app 3.1

When trying to use the renew button from the Alert we get daily it fails and just says it can’t renew. When using the instructions at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5358 issuing this command: (domain changed to protect the innocent)

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin --recreate-CA-signed-certificate "server.mydomain.com Code Signing Certificate" "IntermediateCA_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.COM_1” 8fbf2ad9

we get this error:

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin --recreate-CA-signed-certificate: Unable to renew identity 'server.mydomain.com Code Signing Certificate': unable to renew certificate 'server.mydomain.com Code Signing Certificate': could not find certificate for issuer 'IntermediateCA_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.COM_1' in the keychain (-25300)

It is pretty obviously in the keychain as that is where the info came from.

Am I missing some difference in the procedure from 10.8 to 10.9? Can I just delete that Certificate and somehow create a new one?

Thanks for any pointers,
Eric Hughes

Re: Renewing Code Signing Certificate

Ball, Dan-2
They did away with this list for the most part, your probably better off
going to the Apple Support Communities or joining the mailinglists on
Macenterprise.org.

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Dan

On 3/19/14, 3:00 PM, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:52:58 -0400
>From: Eric Hughes <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Renewing Code Signing Certificate
>
>Maybe the list is still alive?
>
>I¹m having issues renewing a Code Signing Certificate in 10.9.2 server,
>Server.app 3.1
>
>When trying to use the renew button from the Alert we get daily it fails
>and just says it can¹t renew. When using the instructions at
>http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5358 issuing this command: (domain changed
>to protect the innocent)
>
>sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin
>--recreate-CA-signed-certificate "server.mydomain.com Code Signing
>Certificate" "IntermediateCA_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.COM_1² 8fbf2ad9
>
>we get this error:
>
>/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin
>--recreate-CA-signed-certificate: Unable to renew identity
>'server.mydomain.com Code Signing Certificate': unable to renew
>certificate 'server.mydomain.com Code Signing Certificate': could not
>find certificate for issuer 'IntermediateCA_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.COM_1' in the
>keychain (-25300)
>
>It is pretty obviously in the keychain as that is where the info came
>from.
>
>Am I missing some difference in the procedure from 10.8 to 10.9? Can I
>just delete that Certificate and somehow create a new one?
>
>Thanks for any pointers,
>Eric Hughes

Re: Renewing Code Signing Certificate

Andrea Govoni
On 19 mar 2014 at 17:52, Eric Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe the list is still alive?

I cannot believe it but it's still on.

I’m having issues renewing a Code Signing Certificate in 10.9.2 server, Server.app 3.1

When trying to use the renew button from the Alert we get daily it fails and just says it can’t renew.

I cannot help but you could try to ask on the Mac OS X Server Developer Forums:
https://devforums.apple.com/community/mac/server

It would be nice if you could file a bug report, too! :)

--
Andrea Govoni