Re: Mobile account stops synchronizing

Kevin Chung-2
Hi guys,

Has anyone managed to solve this problem yet? I've got a 10.5.2 client being
managed by a 10.4.11 server and I experience the same problem. It syncs
perfectly once and then the next time they user logs in, it decides not to,
although I can see the "Checking" progress bar and the "Finishing Sync"
message, nothing is actually synced.

This occurs for all users on this machine.

Regards,

KC

> From: David Thompson <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 07:43:59 -0400
> To: Nigel Kersten <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Server Mac <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Mobile account stops synchronizing
>
> Sorry. Nigel is right here. I mistyped this.
> Its not the group name in /groups, but its the groups within the
> mcx_cache in the root level of the netinfo DB:
> nicl . -list /mcx_cache/groups/groupname
>
> In there you will find the group associated to your mobile groups.
> you can then delete the group entry or the entire mcx_cache which
> should be rebuilt upon a reboot/next login
>
> On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:19 AM, Nigel Kersten wrote:
>

>> On 02/04/2007, at 5:14 PM, David Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> I think the information is held within the local netinfo DB.
>>> I believe if you delete the groups/mobilegroup name, it will fix
>>> the problem (but its been so long since I have had to do it)
>>>
>>> sudo nicl . -destroy /groups/groupname  <-- Substitute group name
>>> with the name of your mobile group(s)
>>
>> erk! That sounds like a bad idea.... I don't see how a local
>> NetInfo group is going to affect HomeSync?
>>
>> I'd try these:
>>
>> defaults write com.apple.mirroragent debugOutput  2
>> defaults write com.apple.mirroragent printTrees  1
>>
>> debugOutput can vary in level, I'm not sure how high it goes. I'd
>> keep increasing it if your problem isn't obvious.
>>
>> printTrees shows the sync tree that is being built up to sync.,
>> it's quite verbose.
>>
>> Then do a HomeSync and see what happens.
>>

>> --
>> Nigel Kersten
>> http://explanatorygap.net

> ls.com

Re: Mobile account stops synchronizing

Eric Turner-3
On Mar 4, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Kevin Chung wrote:

Hi guys,

Has anyone managed to solve this problem yet? I've got a 10.5.2 client being
managed by a 10.4.11 server and I experience the same problem. It syncs
perfectly once and then the next time they user logs in, it decides not to,
although I can see the "Checking" progress bar and the "Finishing Sync"
message, nothing is actually synced.

This occurs for all users on this machine.

Regards,

KC

KC,

The only working solution I have currently for this is to create the user on a Tiger client.  I then gather all of their data on that machine.  Next I delete and recreate the network account using WGM. I then use Migration Assistant to bring the user back to the Leopard client.  So far this has worked fine, it just takes time if the user has a large amount of data.  If anyone has a better idea, please share it.

Eric

Eric Turner
Coordinator of Computer Services/Network Administrator
Sherburne-Earlville Central Schools

Technology can enhance but not replace good teaching.