Preview/quicklook very slow on graphical files over SMB

Preview/quicklook very slow on graphical files over SMB

Hi all,

We are using the newest version of the Server application (5.0.4) with OS X El Capitan. When clients try to preview graphical files (PNG, JPG, GIF, PSD and PDF) with Quicklook it takes forever to load that file over the SMB protocol.

Does anybody know how to fix this? It’s not the connection to the server since we’re using LAN. I’ve also tried disabling the .DS_Store file creation on clients but that didn’t help.

Would reindexing the files with spotlight help?
Thanks!

Sanne

www.sanneterpstra.com <http://www.sanneterpstra.com/>
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>