I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

Joacim Melin-4
Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.

Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.

:)

Joacim

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

David Ross-13
Most folks migrated to Mac Enterprise.

As I recall when Conrad said the list was going away apple wanted us to use the forums.

When I asked why the list was still up I was told so many unsubscribed that is basically did a self close down.

David Ross

> On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:42 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.
>
> Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.
>
> :)
>
> Joacim

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

Joacim Melin-4
This is what I'm talking about:

"We have received a request from 17.151.62.49 for the removal of your
email address..."

Seems like a strange way to go about it.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 mar 2014, at 20:13, "David Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Most folks migrated to Mac Enterprise.
>
> As I recall when Conrad said the list was going away apple wanted us to use the forums.
>
> When I asked why the list was still up I was told so many unsubscribed that is basically did a self close down.
>
> David Ross
>
>> On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:42 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.
>>
>> Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Joacim

>> This email sent to [hidden email]

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

Eric Wright
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:42:56 +0000
> From: Joacim Melin <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email] X-Server"
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list
>
> Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.
>
> Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.
>
> :)
>
> Joacim
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:58:28 -0400
> From: David Ross <[hidden email]>
> To: Joacim Melin <[hidden email]>
> Cc: "[hidden email] X-Server"
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list
>
> Most folks migrated to Mac Enterprise.
>
> As I recall when Conrad said the list was going away apple wanted us to use the forums.
>
> When I asked why the list was still up I was told so many unsubscribed that is basically did a self close down.
>
> David Ross
>
>> On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:42 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.
>>
>> Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Joacim

>> This email sent to [hidden email]

Hi David,

Is Mac Enterprise a Discussion Group on th eApple board ?

Kind Regards
Eric

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

David Ross-13
Mac enterprise is hosted at Penn State by the same folks who put on the annual MacAdmin conference. You can find the web sites and email lists via google. (I'm on my phone and it's too hard to dig up the URLs.)

And this email may cause this list to be turned off for good. Sorry. 😄

David Ross

On Mar 20, 2014, at 5:28 PM, Eric Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 8
>> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:42:56 +0000
>> From: Joacim Melin <[hidden email]>
>> To: "[hidden email] X-Server"
>>    <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list
>>
>> Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.
>>
>> Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Joacim
>>

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 9
>> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:58:28 -0400
>> From: David Ross <[hidden email]>
>> To: Joacim Melin <[hidden email]>
>> Cc: "[hidden email] X-Server"
>>    <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list
>>
>> Most folks migrated to Mac Enterprise.
>>
>> As I recall when Conrad said the list was going away apple wanted us to use the forums.
>>
>> When I asked why the list was still up I was told so many unsubscribed that is basically did a self close down.
>>
>> David Ross
>>
>>> On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:42 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Earlier today, someone at Apple in Cupertino tried to unsubscribe me from this list.
>>>
>>> Maybe they simply should shut the entire list down as announced last year.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> Joacim

>>> This email sent to [hidden email]
>

> Hi David,
>
> Is Mac Enterprise a Discussion Group on th eApple board ?
>

> Kind Regards
> Eric

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

Slavin, Simon

On 20 Mar 2014, at 9:28pm, Eric Wright <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

> Is Mac Enterprise a Discussion Group on th eApple board ?

There's one called 'Servers and Enterprise Software' and another called 'OS X Server'.

Simon
--
Simon Slavin                               Fylde Building Room C11
Computing Development Officer              01524 65201 x 93569

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

Jonathan Nichols
I’m amused at the trickle of emails, actually. I thought that they had pulled the plug entirely, but nope, here it is. ;-)

On Mar 20, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is what I'm talking about:
>
> "We have received a request from 17.151.62.49 for the removal of your
> email address..."
>
> Seems like a strange way to go about it.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 20 mar 2014, at 20:13, "David Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Most folks migrated to Mac Enterprise.
>>
>> As I recall when Conrad said the list was going away apple wanted us to use the forums.
>>
>> When I asked why the list was still up I was told so many unsubscribed that is basically did a self close down.
>>
>> David Ross

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

Eric Klinger
I've been looking for a place to have some serious talk about Mac OS X server ... More so the OS side than the HW (I have a co-located Mac mini) and the forums do not really seem to be the place for such discussions... And of course historically lists are the best for this type of stuff...

Having said all of that...

Strangely I happened upon an apple lists page some days ago and *just signed up*... Just a few days ago.

You would at least think that they would prohibit new sign ups ??

> On Mar 22, 2014, at 3:28 AM, Jonathan Nichols <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m amused at the trickle of emails, actually. I thought that they had pulled the plug entirely, but nope, here it is. ;-)
>

>> On Mar 20, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This is what I'm talking about:
>>
>> "We have received a request from 17.151.62.49 for the removal of your
>> email address..."
>>
>> Seems like a strange way to go about it.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 20 mar 2014, at 20:13, "David Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Most folks migrated to Mac Enterprise.
>>>
>>> As I recall when Conrad said the list was going away apple wanted us to use the forums.
>>>
>>> When I asked why the list was still up I was told so many unsubscribed that is basically did a self close down.
>>>
>>> David Ross

Re: I suppose Apple really wants us to stop using this list

David Elkin-Bram
Yeah, seems a bit rude to leave the list up at: https://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo

...when you've announced the shut down...  Perhaps the announcement was not fully accurate...
Designed to drive forum usage, and not an actual closure?

Someone in need of help shouldn't be directed to a 'dead' list.  Simple housekeeping, really.

Kind of sad.

try:   http://lists.psu.edu/archives/macenterprise.html
or:   http://www.mac-mgrs.org/subscribing-to-mac-mgrs/

I noticed another comment omitting these links, perhaps believing it was somehow against policy.
I think the failure to manage this list closure is enough to grant permission.
(What're they gonna do? Un-sub me?)

On Mar 21, 2014, at 11:41 PM, Eric Klinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been looking for a place to have some serious talk about Mac OS X server ... More so the OS side than the HW (I have a co-located Mac mini) and the forums do not really seem to be the place for such discussions... And of course historically lists are the best for this type of stuff...
>
> Having said all of that...
>
> Strangely I happened upon an apple lists page some days ago and *just signed up*... Just a few days ago.
>
> You would at least think that they would prohibit new sign ups ??
>

>> On Mar 22, 2014, at 3:28 AM, Jonathan Nichols <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I’m amused at the trickle of emails, actually. I thought that they had pulled the plug entirely, but nope, here it is. ;-)
>>

>>> On Mar 20, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Joacim Melin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is what I'm talking about:
>>>
>>> "We have received a request from 17.151.62.49 for the removal of your
>>> email address..."
>>>
>>> Seems like a strange way to go about it.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>> This email sent to [hidden email]

David Elkin-Bram

Chief Information Officer | office: 503.667.8848 x 327 | cell: 503.780.1614
MetroEast Community Media | Community Television and Beyond
829 NE 8th Street, Gresham OR 97030 | www.metroeast.org
KZME Radio | Music Where You Live
128 NW 3rd Street, Gresham OR 97030 | www.kzme.fm