FTP always defaults to last viewed

This is with El Cap & Sierra.

Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
his.example.org, her.example.org

If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )

And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
correct listing.

If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org

Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
credentials I put in.

I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Stewart
about.me/waynestewart

Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.

In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
[hidden email] with any urgent requests.

Thank you,
Rick Eberts

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:47 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:48 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:47 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:49 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:48 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:47 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:51 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:49 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:48 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:47 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:52 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:51 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:49 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:48 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:47 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:54 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:52 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:51 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:49 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:48 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:47 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:45 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am out of the office Friday, October 7th.
>
> In my absence, please contact Stephen Paris,
> [hidden email] with any urgent requests.
>
> Thank you,
> Rick Eberts
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> Wayne Stewart
> about.me/waynestewart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:56 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FTP always defaults to last viewed

On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:57 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:44 PM, OS X Server Mail List <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is with El Cap & Sierra.
>
> Assume I have two or more ftp shares defined my.example.org,
> his.example.org, her.example.org
>
> If I log in to the Server app and look at the FTP page (e.g.. FTP
> Share: my.example.org in the pop up menu )
>
> And I then log into the server with Interarchy or CyberDuck I get the
> correct listing.
>
> If I then try to list his.example.org, with the correct credentials
> for that site I still get the listing for my.example.org
>
> Then if I go to the Server app and choose FTP Share: her.example.org
> in the pop up menu I will get that listing with ftp regardless of the
> credentials I put in.
>
> I suspect that's not standard behaviour, does anyone have a suggestion
> of what's gone wrong and how I can fix this?

I realize this doesn't address your issue directly, but I have had great success with Rumpus as a replacement FTP service on the Mac (server). It's been solid and straightforward to configure.

I have no relationship with the company. Just good experience. Support is good too.

FWIW,

/timothy

Timothy Hellum | Application Specialist
The Globe and Mail - Canada's National Newspaper