Configuring email alerts for Mavericks server

Configuring email alerts for Mavericks server

Gustafson, Dan
I just wiped and rebuilt our Mac mini server running Mavericks.  I would
like to receive an email when the server generates an alert, but I am not
sure how to proceed.

The easy part is adding my email address to the ALERTS section of the
server app, unfortunately when I generate a TEST alert, I do not receive an
email.

My guess is that somewhere there is a configuration file that needs to be
configured.  I work for a school district and we use gmail as our email
provider.  Any tips?

THANKS!
--Dan

Re: Configuring email alerts for Mavericks server

Slavin, Simon

On 28 Jan 2014, at 5:15pm, "Gustafson, Dan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just wiped and rebuilt our Mac mini server running Mavericks.  I would
> like to receive an email when the server generates an alert, but I am not
> sure how to proceed.
>
> The easy part is adding my email address to the ALERTS section of the
> server app, unfortunately when I generate a TEST alert, I do not receive an
> email.

Do you have the mail service running on that server ?

Is it correctly pointed at an SMTP mail server provided by your organisation ?

If you generate a test message using the 'sendmail' command, does it work ?

Simon
--
Simon Slavin                               Fylde Building Room C11
Computing Development Officer              01524 65201 x 93569