Binding an Open Directory Master to multiple Active Directory domains

Binding an Open Directory Master to multiple Active Directory domains

Hi all,
sorry if you already read this on other lists or forums but I haven't got any reply so far…

I have a question about Active Directory binding.
We have an Open Directory Master (Server 5.0.15 on El Capitan 10.11.3) already bound to an Active Directory domain. So far so good. Now we want to bind the OD Master to an additional Active Directory domain.
The two AD domains have a two-way trust relationship but they aren’t in the same AD forest.
Is it somewhat "normal" to bind an OD Master to multiple AD domains or is it a "don't do it" thing?
Should we be concerned of any potential issue that could arise from the additional binding?
FWIK, it shouldn't be a problem… am I wrong?
Thanks in advance for any reply or suggestion.

--
Andrea Govoni

AIM/iChat: [hidden email]

PGP
KeyID: 0x212E69C1
Fingerprint: FBE1 CA7D 34BE 4A53 9639  5C36 B7A0 605F 212E 69C1

Re: Binding an Open Directory Master to multiple Active Directory domains

Are there any [potential] namespace conflicts between the two domains?

What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish with the binding, especially since you have a cross-forest trust?

— Mike