Adding users to OD via shell script - "working" but machines not apparing in workgroup manager

Adding users to OD via shell script - "working" but machines not apparing in workgroup manager

Peter Clark-3

I'm running a script similar to:
dsconfigldap -v -f -a $od_server -n $od_server -c $computerid -u $admin_username -p $admin_password -l $local_username -q zod3labo

on some leopard (10.5.2) machines, the OD Server is 10.5.2 Server.
On some machines the machines are added fine. On others they do not appear. Directory Utility (client side) states they are connected to the OD. But the Machines do not appear in Workgroup Manager.
I assume they're always auto added? I've tried restarting/relogining on the machines and nada.

Are there any quirks I've missed? We're running local machine homes, and just want to manage preferences.

Peter